Sunday, February 19, 2012

More Q+A

I liked writing in the Q+A format, so I am going to do it again.  This time I am going to answer a few questions some people have asked me before.

Q: If you could stop being allergic to one thing, what would it be?
A: Cats!  I really love cats.  It would be great if I wasn't allergic to them anymore so that I could have one or two again.  For sheer convenience it would have been pollen, but I just so would love to be able to have a cat again.

Q: If you could wish away one allergy symptom, which one would it be?
A: I have had to think about this one.  It is a toss-up between sneezing and congestion.  Sneezing is really the most embarrassing part of my allergies.  It also really interferes with stuff.  If I didn't sneeze, there would be much less disruptions, much less running off, and much easier to keep up conversations.  I think it would also be easier to get things done still when my allergies are bad.  Not having any congestion would be good in many ways though.  I would be able to smell again, I wouldn't really have to deal with sinus problems, and pressure changes wouldn't really bother me.  I know this one might sound weird as a big benefit, but without being congested, I'd be able to blow my nose.  It gets so annoying to feel like I really need to blow my nose but not be able to.  I think it would be so satisfying to be able to blow my nose anytime I needed to.  Also, without congestion, allergens might get out of my nose easier so I might even sneeze less.  Its close, but I'd probably have to go with getting rid of my congestion.

Q: If you could have one time of each day that you didn't have allergies, when would it be?
A: Bedtime.  If I could get to sleep without dealing with allergies, I'd get more sleep, I'd fall asleep much easier, I could get to sleep in any position, and I'd not have to worry about allergies possibly keeping me up most of the night.  Always having enough sleep would make life easier and probably make my allergies generally a bit less annoying.

Q: If you could make your allergies better in one situation, and have to balance it with making them worse in another, would you and what situations would they be?
A: I'd want them to be better (or gone) when I am around people, and I'd take them being worse when I am alone to balance it.  The worst part of my allergies is having them so bad when I am around others.  I'd do alot to have them not be a bother when I'm with other people.  Having them being even worse when I am alone would be pretty crazy, but I'd pay that price.


If I get more people asking me enough questions, I would be happy to make more Q+A posts like this.  I especially would use ones that more than one person asks me.  You could post them in comments or contact me directly if you prefer.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting... have you ever travelled or been anywhere that made your allergies better or worse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent Q and A post Kate, thank you so much for sharing it. I've thought of a few more questions, but of course you do not have to answer them if you don't want to!

    Do you think if people were more understanding generally you'd be less embarrassed about your allergies in front of people?

    Do you think that it would have been easier if you had had your allergies really early on instead of them onsetting later in life when they did?

    What situations do you feel your allergies have had the worst negative impact on?

    ReplyDelete